List:       gentoo-sparc
Subject:    sparc web site
From:       Jack Morgan <jmorgan () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2003-05-30 23:16:11

I've asked Joe Kallar <aka blademan> to help us get our sparc web site up and \
running. Eventually, we will have sparc.gentoo.org be the URL. It's not working yet, \
so we will use http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/sparc/ for now. So the questions is what \
kind of information should we keep up on our site. Here are a few of my ideas. I hope \
to get input from others...

--list of sparc only ebuilds

--supported hardware:
 +was thinking users could report Gentoo working on there hardware. We create a list \
of hardware we know works and perhaps include dmesg output

--configuration files: XF86Config, kernel .config, etc

--sparc specific documents, howto's, and FAQ

--TODO list
 +list of all ebuilds with a ~sparc in it so users can test them and report them \
working or not  +another list of ebuilds without any sparc/~sparc keyword so others \
                can test those too ;)
 *this could be run as a script daily and output posted on our web site?

--Future goals or current projects
 +for example, 64bit userland, propolice, etc

Comments?

Thanks,
Jack Morgan
Gentoo/Sparc