List:       gentoo-sparc
Subject:    latest ISO's
From:       Jack Morgan <jmorgan () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2003-05-04 21:58:23

A few of us have been working on building 1.4_rc4 stage tarballs this week. I noticed \
that during the process it also build GRP binaries. So what I'd like to do is make an \
install ISO for both sparc32 and sparc64. The ISO would contain...

stage1 tarball
GRP packages
tftp images
install manual

The tftp images would be for the host system or in other words we just have them on \
the cdrom as a convince for users. Users could then copy those tftp images to the \
host system they are netbooting from.

GRP binaries would be just for getting your system up to stage3 or all "system" \
ebuilds. We could work on adding Xfree, KDE, GNome later.

This way we can have a working sparc64 ISO now and then get sparc32 ISO working as we \
go.

Comments?

Cheers,
Jack Morgan