List:       gentoo-sparc
Subject:    [gentoo-sparc] Update X11 & how to fix Keyboard map? (fwd)
From:       Ferris McCormick <fmccor () inforead ! com>
Date:       2003-01-10 19:25:26

(Followup to previous).  So, I just forced
'tar xojvf /usr/portage/packages/All/xfree-4.2.1.tbz2'

and that fixes the problem.  It's a broken xfree86.

Now, there has been a lot of discussion on the xfree mailing lists
(initiated by Linus Torvalds) about incorrect mappings for Finnish
keyboards.  If I had to guess, I'ld say that the XFREE people had
their keyboard mapping stuff really messed up right now.  (If you
look at the Gentoo bug lists for xfree, you will notice a lot of
activity discussing even worse breakage for PC versions, all dated
10.i.03: today.)

Hope this is useful to someone.

Regards,

--