List:       gentoo-security
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-security] GLSA announcements
From:       Alec Berryman <alec () lorax ! wox ! org>
Date:       2003-08-09 14:14:46

On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 10:22, Jeremy Bowers wrote:
> Joby Walker wrote:
> > GLSA's are released on gentoo-announce.
>
> Thanks. Sorry for the bother, but I hope it seems an obvious mistake to
> make. ;-)

Back in the olden days GLSAs were released to gentoo-security and
gentoo-announce - sometimes to both, sometimes to one or the other.
This got frustrating quickly because sometimes people got two copies of
the same message, or they missed it, or whatever, and so after a little
bickering GLSAs moved to gentoo-announce and gentoo-security became a
list for discussing security.

It's an easy mistake to make based on the names, but a quick look at
http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/lists.xml clears things up nicely.  Sorry
for the confusion.