List:       gentoo-proxy-maint
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-proxy-maint] Re: Proxied maintainers, please ping us if your PRs are not marked correctl
From:       Michał_Górny <mgorny () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2019-07-05 20:04:13

On Fri, 2019-07-05 at 22:21 +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 05/07/2019 21:09, Michał Górny wrote:
> > Just a quick note: when you submit updates to packages you maintain
> > already, the relevant PRs should be marked 'self maintained'.
>
> What about PRs for proxy-maint packages that are not maintained by the
> person doing the PR? I sometimes find that a proxied maintainer is very
> slow in fixing bugs (if at all) so I do a PR. This is obviously going to
> lack the "self maintained" label. Should we still ping?

Yes, please keep pinging us if either:

a. the maintainer approved the changes,

b. the maintainer doesn't reply in reasonable time (say, 2 weeks).

> (And I assume that the PR's assignment list contains
> "@gentoo/proxy-maint" it's enough to just post a "ping" without using a
> "@" explicitly?)

Yes, and please include a clear message why you're pinging, so that we
can distinguish 'nobody touched this yet' pings from 'I did all that was
asked from me, and the reviewer disappeared'.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny