List:       gentoo-project
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting 2024-04-14 - Call for agenda items
From:       Michał_Górny <mgorny () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2024-04-01 3:58:12

On Mon, 2024-04-01 at 00:34 +0200, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
> The next Gentoo Council meeting is scheduled for 2024-04-14.
>
> Please respond to this message with agenda items. Also, please
> repeat your agenda item here in this thread with a pointer if
> you previously suggested one (since the last meeting).
>
> The final agenda will be sent out before the meeting.
>
> Please reply to the gentoo-project list.

I'd also like the Council to take a formal motion on the redundancy
problems within the Gentoo PR project [1].

Long story short, many of the official or semi-official Gentoo accounts
on social media platforms and alike are maintained by a single person.
Such people often have very low availability, and we're running a very
high risk of losing access (if it hasn't happened already).

I think as a baseline policy we need to have backup of all credentials
in Infra secret storage.  We may also need to issue a call for
volunteers to take maintenance of our social media accounts.

[1] https://bugs.gentoo.org/925014

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny