List:       gentoo-project
Subject:    [gentoo-project] Arch-status reviews during Council meetings
From:       Marek Szuba <marecki () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2022-01-10 11:23:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

[Attachment #4 (text/plain)]

Dear everyone,

During yesterday's Council meetings we talked, among other things of
course, about making the review of activity on all the supported arches
(i.e. primarily the turnaround time for keyword/stabilisation requests)
a regular item on the agenda of Council meetings [1]. The current plan
is to have this discussed at least once every 6 months. The question is,
when exactly.

Personally, I am leaning towards June+December. NeddySeagoon pointed out
yesterday that the June meeting is the last one in a Council term,
however I don't think that would be a problem - barring some
catastrophic failure in the operation of an arch team it is IMHO
extremely unlikely the council itself would have to take major actions
following such reviews, and if such a catastrophic failure ever occurs
keywording delays might be the least of our problems.

Conversely, I would very much advise AGAINST the following:

  - just say "every 6 months at most" and be done with it - let's save
ourselves the trouble of having to keep track of when the last time the
review took place was, shall we?

  - July+January - the first meeting in a Council term AND immediately
after the Christmas / New Year holiday period

  - August+February - holiday season in both summer and winter

Opinions? Suggestions?

[1]
https://gitweb.gentoo.org/sites/projects/council.git/tree/meeting-logs/20220109.txt

--
Marecki

["OpenPGP_signature.asc" (application/pgp-signature)]