List:       gentoo-project
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-project] Re: New Developer: Marek Szuba
From:       Guilherme Amadio <amadio () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2016-08-02 12:45:40

On Tue, Aug 02, 2016 at 06:40:10PM +0900, Benda Xu wrote:
> Guilherme Amadio <amadio@gentoo.org> writes:
>
> > I'm trying to sell Portage at HSF (hepsoftwarefoundation.org) as a
> > packaging solution for physics software. Feel free to get involved
> > too!
>
> That's interesting.  What's the prospects?

There is momentum for Spack, from LLNL (http://software.llnl.gov/spack),
but in principle they are open to trying different solutions. Spack is
aimed at HPC systems.

More info:

1. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/hep-sf-packaging-wg
2. https://github.com/HEP-SF/documents/blob/master/HSF-TN/2016-03/HSF-TN-2016-03.pdf

Let's start a new thread to discuss if there is further interest.

Cheers,
—Guilherme