List:       gentoo-project
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-project] Re: New Developer: Marek Szuba
From:       Guilherme Amadio <amadio () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2016-08-01 13:39:06

On Mon, Aug 01, 2016 at 01:42:16PM +0300, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Aug 2016 10:59:56 +0200 Marek Szuba wrote:
> > On 2016-07-31 22:36, Amy Winston wrote:
> > > It is my pleasure to announce the latest addition to our family.
> > > Marek Szuba is joining us from Heidelberg, Germany.
> > > He has been working on various packages with proxy-maintainers team (and
> > > will continue his work as an official developer).
> > Thank you, Amy! And hello, everyone. It is a honour to count myself
> > among the developers of my favourite Linux distribution.
>
> Welcome aboard, Marek!
>
> It is nice to see our physicist conspiracy grows ;) There are quite
> a lot of us here and even more people from other sciences. I'm a
> particle physicist too :)

Welcome aboard! Physicist domination! :-)

I currently work with particle physics too, developing simulation
software.

> Feel free to join sci* projects too.

I'm trying to sell Portage at HSF (hepsoftwarefoundation.org) as a
packaging solution for physics software. Feel free to get involved too!

We should try to set up a Gentoo meetup in Geneva sometime if you guys
are there.

Cheers,
—Guilherme