List:       gentoo-project
Subject:    [gentoo-project] New Developer: Matthias Maier (tamiko)
From:       "Justin (jlec)" <jlec () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2014-10-13 14:18:29

Hi everyone,

the recruiting season started over again and our newest addition is Matth=
ias
Maier (tamiko).

He has been contributing to science and is maintaining some packages in t=
he tree
proxied by our proxy-maintainer team. It is now time for him to take over=
 the
responsibility himself.

Beside the things he already maintains, he will help the science team to =
look
after the numerical package. But feel free to convince him to join your p=
roject too.

Some lines he wrote about himself:

I'm one of the developers of the deal.II library (http://www.dealii.org).=

Furthermore I have contributed to a number of open source projects
(including Debian and Gentoo) with community support (IRC, Forums), bug
reports and code contributions.

I'm a PHD student in Mathematics working in the field of Numerical
Software. In my free time I enjoy playing Go, Soccer and Photography.

I'm using Gentoo since 2006. After becoming more and more active with
contributions to the science overlay and gentoo prefix fixes I think it
is finally time to do a step forward and become a Gentoo developer.

So please join me in giving him a warm welcome!

Justin