List:       gentoo-project
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-core] Petteri =?iso-8859-1?b?UuR0eQ==?= (betelgeuse) re-elected as
From:       Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2012-07-23 16:43:05

On 2012.07.23 06:00, Ben de Groot wrote:
> On 23 July 2012 07:05, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto
> <jmbsvicetto@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > The Developer Relations team just held its mandatory yearly
> election
> > (per GLEP39). The election resulted in the re-election of Petteri
> Räty
> > (betelgeuse) as the DevRel Lead.
>
> Since Council functions also as a "court of appeal" for DevRel, I
> would
> like to see us adopt a policy that people cannot be a member of both
> Council and DevRel. This would avoid any possible conflict of
> interest.
>
> What do others think about this?
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Ben | yngwin
> Gentoo developer
> Gentoo Qt project lead, Gentoo Wiki admin

I don't see the conflict of interest is great enough so it can't be
managed.  If Petteri is closely involved in a devrel decision that is
appealed, he can excuse himself playing a part in the council
consideration of the matter.

The single point of failure is a bigger issue for me. e.g.  Petteri
is suddenly no longer able to contribute to Gentoo at all.

--
Regards,

Roy Bamford
(Neddyseagoon) a member of