List:       gentoo-ppc-user
Subject:    [gentoo-ppc-user] Bootloader trouble
From:       Charles Trois <charles.trois () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2005-10-12 14:57:12

Hello!

Having had no success with the 2005.1 disk, I am trying to reinstall
Gentoo from 2005.0 on my G4 iMac. This had been all right before, but
now I am meeting bootloader trouble. At my first attempt, ybin warned
me that "your kernel is too old". I wonder what the reference is, since
this install has never seen the Web. However, I put in a more recent
kernel (2.6.13.3), but it is also said to be too old, and I am still
having the same trouble: what happens is that the bootloader menu (with
"l for linux", etc) does not show, and that the machine boots directly
into Mac OS9.

Here is my yaboot.conf file. Is there anything wrong i it that could
explain this behaviour?

## yaboot.conf generated by yabootconfig 1.0.8

boot=/dev/hda12
device=/pci@f2000000/mac-io@17/ata-4@1f000/disk@0:
delay=15
timeout=30