List:       gentoo-ppc-user
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-ppc-user] Issue with blocked ebuilds
From:       David =?iso-8859-1?Q?B=E9langer?= <dbelan2 () cs ! mcgill ! ca>
Date:       2005-02-16 15:55:53

Hi,

Technically, you should remove the old one before merging the new one.
(Hint: You might want to build a binary package of it in case merging
the new one fails - check quickpkg command).

You could try to cheat, at your own risk, by using the --nodeps option.

Or do the non-risky:
quickpkg old_ebuild
emerge --nodeps --buildpkgonly new_ebuild
emerge -aC old_ebuild
emerge --(the option to use the bin pkg) new_ebuild

Just depends how fast is your computer and if you need it...  xorg
unmerged means can no longer start X applications and on my iBook, it
takes ~3 hours to build it.

David

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 09:08:03AM -0600, Ben Ricker wrote:
> So if I understadn what you are saying, I need to emerge the latest
> versions of the blocked builds and then the blocks will be gone? Or do
> I remove the blocked ebuilds and then recompile them later (or they
> will be built on the emerge -u world)?
>
> Ben Ricker
>

> On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 03:41:49 +0100, Lars Weiler <pylon@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > * Ben Ricker <ben.ricker@gmail.com> [05/02/15 11:41 -0600]:
> > > So it seems to say I need to unmerge Firefox, xorg-x11, and xfce4base?
> > > And why is xfce4-base blocking xfce4-4.2.0?
> >
> > With a newer xorg-x11, firefox and thunderbird will not
> > work.  Furthermore there are some package-renamings
> > regarding to xfce4.
> >
> > > Am I missing something?
> >
> > Everything is fine.  Unfortunately you have to recompile the
> > newer versions of the blocked ebuilds.
> >
> > Regards, Lars
> >

> --
> Ben Ricker