List:       gentoo-ppc-user
Subject:    [gentoo-ppc-user] Gentoo 2004.0 - testers needed
From:       Benjamin Judas <beejay () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2003-12-30 2:07:54

Hi,

Since I don't know if my call for assistance reached this fields over
here, I'm going to repeat the message since we also need testers for ppc
:)

-------------

The upcoming release of Gentoo-Linux 2004.0 needs testers as soon as
possible. The following parts have to be tested:

+ The Live-CD and installing via Live-CD
+ The stages and installation from those
+ stage3 + GRP Installation

If you want to contribute and have the appropriate ressources on your
system to test an installation, then we need you as a tester.

We need regular users as well as professionals to get bugs and eventual
obscurities eleminated. If you find a bug or experience any obscurities,
please create a bug on http://bugs.gentoo.org. As product choose "Gentoo
LiveCD (all flavors)".

The stages are already downloadable on
http://gentoo.oregonstate.edu/experimental/x86/stages/ for x86 and
http://gentoo.oregonstate.edu/experimental/ppc/stages/ for ppc.

The Live-CD-Images will follow, however eventual bugs can already be
eleminated in
the stages. So it would be good if you first test the stages.

If you post a bug on bugzilla, please send an e-mail to
beejay@gentoo.org and seemant@gentoo.org including the Bug-ID and a
small description. We appreciate any help we can get from you.

Thanks in advance,
Benjamin "beejay" Judas
--
GPG-Public-Key:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xC31DEDD8

Key-Fingerprint:
4E65 AAFE 785B 61D8 E4D9  1671 E017 87B7 C31D EDD8

ICQ: 239829549
Jabber:beejay@a-message.de