List:       gentoo-ppc-user
Subject:    [gentoo-ppc-user] 12" Clock that doesn't tick right.
From:       Folken <folken () chaostreff ! ch>
Date:       2003-10-03 20:44:02

Hi,

I have a 12" powerbook with gentoo running 2.4.21 from the ppc-sources.
While most things run fine, I am having difficulties with a very
undiscplined clock. It runs fast and sometimes slow... I am not dual
booting with OSX so that shouldn't be an issue either.  I have also
removed NTPD from the startup scripts.

In the kernel the /dev/nvram and advanced rtc are disabled.

after removing /etc/adjtime and setting the clock up with utc and the
/etc/localtime as well to utc, i still get major drift:

 cat /etc/adjtime
 -86399.772241 1065167583 0.000000
 1065167583
 UTC

The time seems to vary from boot up to boot up. Also I am unsure wheter
the cpu frequency which, readjusts itself when i plug the device, might
affect the clock speed.

Does anybody have anything I could try, or maybe even got it working?

 - folken