List:       gentoo-osx
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-osx] First try at fixed ebuilds for perl on OSX
From:       Boyd Waters <bwaters+mac () aoc ! nrao ! edu>
Date:       2004-10-21 0:19:55

Various Perl module ebuilds are not inheriting from perl-module.eclass,
so my two-liner patch to that top-level file was not sufficient to
avoid a real mess.

Here's how I hacked things up to apply the fixes to offending ebuilds:

> cd /usr/portage/dev-perl
>
> find . -type f -name '*.ebuild' |xargs grep -l 'INSTALLDIRS=vendor' |
> xargs perl -pi.bak -e 's/INSTALLDIRS=vendor/INSTALLDIRS=site/go'
>
> find . -type f -name '*.ebuild' |xargs grep -l 'PREFIX=/usr' | xargs
> perl -pi.bak -e 's,PREFIX=/usr,PREFIX=\${D}/usr,go'

Worst offenders were of the second sort -- those which inadvertently
installed unmanaged-by-portage files into /usr/usr

It's worse than I thought... ;-)

~ boyd