List:       gentoo-newbies
Subject:    [gentoo-newbies] Gentoo 1.4 and modems?
From:       "Z. Thompson" <thompson () yta ! attmil ! ne ! jp>
Date:       2002-10-29 4:25:11

I'm guessing this subject has been brought up before, but I am having trouble with \
the install when it comes to setting up my network connection. I use a modem to \
connect to the internet, and I know wvdial and wvdialconf are both located on the 1.4 \
livecd. When I try to run wvdialconf or wvdial, it gives me an error about not \
finding some shared wvdial lib. (I believe it was libwvutils.so.?.?, don't know what \
the right version number is, so I just put ? where the numbers were.) I looked for it \
in /lib, but it's not there.  Has anyone else ran into this problem, and are there \
any ways to get around it? I'm sure there are since people using linux connected with \
modems before wvdial, but I haven't the slightest on how to do that, since the Gentoo \
Install doc has nothing on using a modem. Can anyone help?

Regards,

Z. Thompson
thompson@yta.attmil.ne.jp