List:       gentoo-mips
Subject:    [gentoo-mips] gcc-3.3.3 stable
From:       Kumba <kumba () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2004-04-25 9:01:24

Just a heads up, I've marked gcc-3.3.3 (and a few other random packages)
stable on mips tonight.  Let me know if any problems pop up cause of
this, although they shouldn't as the 2004.1 install stages are built
with gcc-3.3.3 and all.

Speaking of 2004.1, its release is around the corner, and like last
release, I have stages made, as well as a small selection of GRP.  GRP
this time was mainly an experiment.  2004.2, I hope to have a larger
variety of GRP available.  I'm also tweaking some netboots as well, ones
for IP22, and hopefully ones that will work for IP32 (O2) and Cobalt.
Some newer tricks in them include the 'rsync' program (useful for
migrating data to new drives), updated filesystem utilities (e2fsprogs,
xfs/jfs/reiserfs).  I also tried experimenting with a mini-sshd server
(dropbear), but this needs more testing and won't be available in the
final netboot releases.

--Kumba

--
"Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world:
small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are