List:       gentoo-hardened
Subject:    [gentoo-hardened] Re: [gentoo-dev] profiles/features/64bit-native/package.use.mask contents redundan
From:       Sergei Trofimovich <slyfox () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2012-02-13 16:16:40

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 12:40:04 -0800
Zac Medico <zmedico@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On 02/12/2012 10:15 AM, Sergei Trofimovich wrote:
> > Feature request:
> >     Can we add a double-inclusion detector for profiles to repoman?
>
> If it's not too noisy. Right now, profiles.desc contains 83 profiles
> with double inclusions like this. See attached data and scripts.

Looks nice!

'desktop/*' thing needs serious effort to restructure that.
If teams are willing to make things saner, I would go for
warning addition (maybe, guarded by --include-dev option).

some mips profiles are scary too:
    http://dev.gentoo.org/~slyfox/profiles_mips.png

Another alternative would be to skip double-inclusion of identical profiles at
the portage level, but it sounds very fragile and counterintuitive.

Maybe, a bit less fragile, than current state.

--

  Sergei