List:       gentoo-hardened
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-hardened] Having a long delay at login prompt.
From:       Julien Thomas <julien.thomas () enst-bretagne ! fr>
Date:       2007-12-17 8:20:22

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

Hello.

In fact, at the beginning it was a misconfiguration of the security
parameters of the connexion, which made the ldap server unable to
answer the requests.

But per default, without LDAP module, you should not have any problem of
this kind ...

I have checked one of my server SELinux configuration, and I note the
following differences (marks [x]) with what you have posted (I do not
have inserted marks when your lines have additional parameters)

Hopes it could help.
NB: Some lines are for pam_ldap, though

* common-auth
auth sufficient pam_ldap.so
auth sufficient pam_unix.so nullok_secure use_first_pass
auth required pam_deny.so

* system-auth
auth    required    /lib/security/pam_env.so
auth    sufficient  /lib/security/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok shadow [x]
auth    sufficient  /lib/security/pam_ldap.so use_first_pass
auth    required    /lib/security/pam_deny.so

account sufficient  /lib/security/pam_unix.so
account sufficient  /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
account required    /lib/security/pam_deny.so [x]

password    required /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so retry=3
password    sufficient /lib/security/pam_unix.so nullok use_authtok
shadow md5
password    sufficient /lib/security/pam_ldap.so use_authtok
password    required /lib/security/pam_deny.so

session required    /lib/security/pam_limits.so
session required    /lib/security/pam_unix.so
session optional    /lib/security/pam_ldap.so

[x] note that I have commented the PAM-1.0 section, which is not the
case for you.

For the nsswitch.conf (Yes, it was the file I was talking about),I have
similar lines, with ldap parameters sometimes. So the problem should not
be here.

Julien Thomas.

--
My RSA public key for email authentication is avaiblable at
http://www.rennes.enst-bretagne.fr/~jthomas2/

["julien_thomas.vcf" (text/x-vcard)]