List:       gentoo-hardened
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-hardened] smartcards: apache & openssl - internet
From:       Daniel Struck <community () struck ! lu>
Date:       2003-08-28 12:06:44

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 11:53:39 +0000 (GMT)
"Justin Jessup" <hackerotaku@palm.com> wrote:

> interesting
> question is how many bits?
> 40,128
> can the card generate over 1024 for key size?

I think one normally generates 1024-keys.

One problem I have is that the documentation for the muscle projects is sparse and \
the little bit I can find of the muscle and opensc mailing-list isn't sufficient for \
a newbie.

I can run to some degree pcsc-lite with the ifd-egate driver but don't know how to \
proceed.

I have found another interesting projet: Newpki (www.newpki.org)
With it you can run a whole public key infrastructure.
On Windows you could even with the Newpki-client generate the keys on the smartcard.
But it seems Newpki doesn't support egate yet.
(The Author reports in the documentation that he could successfully generate keys \
with the eToken from Aladdin)

Daniel