List:       gentoo-hardened
Subject:    [gentoo-hardened] Bleeding Edge Security For Your Sparc
From:       Ned Ludd <solar () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2003-08-24 16:36:25

For the last two weeks pappy@gentoo.org has been working really hard on
my sparc64 to bring transparent etdyn/propolice into a reality. I'm
pleased to announce on his behalf that full Address Space Randomization
Layouts (ASLR) is now achievable thus giving sparc admins the tools to
prevent buffer/heap overflows and ret2libc style attacks on ~arch by
preforming the following commands.

# enable PaX/Grsecurity ASLR in your kernel then
emerge sync
emerge hardened-gcc ; # >=2.1.0
emerge clean

# optionally