List:       gentoo-embedded
Subject:    [gentoo-embedded] mentor request
From:       Christopher Harvey <chris () basementcode ! com>
Date:       2011-07-30 9:59:47

Hi,

I'm looking for a mentor so I can become a gentoo developer.

I've been using gentoo for about 7 years as my main OS. I'm also a Linux
developer as my day job, and a past GSoC student. I'm sitting on a bunch
of ebuilds and ebuild fixes, it's a bit annoying to have to wait for
developers to make changes I need, in fact I mostly don't bother. Right
now I want to add LTTNG support to Gentoo and I'm willing to maintain
it. After that I will probably want to help out with crossdev and Gentoo
embedded.

I think the transition from user to developer will be pretty easy for me
and I could have done it a long time ago.

I've contacted the gentoo recruiting team and was told to look here
since I was mostly interested in embedded.

thanks.