List:       gentoo-embedded
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-embedded] sysvinit: sanetime for boards without an rtc?
From:       Ed W <lists () wildgooses ! com>
Date:       2011-07-29 15:35:48

On 28/07/2011 14:28, Christopher Friedt wrote:
> Apparently though, a similar mechanism already exists for OpenRC
> called swclock instead of hwclock, and they said I should just do
> this:
>
> rc-update del hwclock boot
> rc-update add swclock boot

You beat me too it!

Yes, this just bumps the clock forward monotonically. Usually this is a
useful improvement, but you may also need a cron job to touch your clock
file if you don't expect the shutdown script to run...

Openrc has quite a few nice tweaks tucked away in it. Worth looking
through the more obscure options

Cheers

Ed W