List:       gentoo-embedded
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-embedded] cirrus ep93xx chips / maverick crunch
From:       wireless <wireless () tampabay ! rr ! com>
Date:       2008-01-31 16:01:50

Christopher Friedt wrote:

> Wow, I was just thinking of building a capable compiler, kernel & a
> basic userland. I'd be happy to just finish that before trying to make
> any big plans.

I like to write and I usually write a guide for myself when I do
things, so the second time around, I look at the guide, and
after a few trips through the doc (myself or other) it just might
become useful. Not really a big deal, it's something I enjoy.

The things you mention (compiler setup, working kernel (including the
details of the boot process) and basic userland tools would be a
wonderful start. Send me some simple notes on what you do their
(is this the board you have:
http://www.embeddedarm.com/epc/ts7200-spec-h.html) ???

(did you get the optional RS485 and A/D features) ?

I've had this EMAC-9302 board a while and finally I'm getting some
time to work on it.... I chose this board to experiment around with
Eclipse Europa (3.3) and now that is finally available in portage....

James