List:       gentoo-embedded
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-embedded] patch to crossdev for 2.6 headers
From:       Jason Cooper <gentoo () lakedaemon ! net>
Date:       2004-08-09 19:02:10

Mike Frysinger (vapier@gentoo.org) scribbled:
> On Monday 09 August 2004 08:22 am, Jason Cooper wrote:
> > Anyway, it adds the ability to handle the new
> > 'sys-kernel/linux26-headers' notation.
>
> i poked kumba about this a while back ... i think the 'proper' solution is to
> just let (make) the user specify the linux-headers package that they want to
> use ...  something like:
> --nheaders=linux26-headers
> then crossdev would set HEADERS_LOC to the variable passed ... then we wouldnt
> have to screw around anymore when *other* header packages come up

That sounds like it could become very tedious if it branched out beyond
the headers specification...  perhaps generalizing the options so one
would say '--headers=sys-kernel/linux26-headers-2.6.7-r4'.  It may be a
little longer, but it would cover any disasterous change, not to mention
being a little simpler to cut and paste.  It would also prevent
'--vheaders=2.6.7-r4 --vgcc=19980921-r2 --nheaders=linux26-headers
--ngcc=egcs64-sparc'

No, I know nothing about sparc or egcs, just thought it made a good
point.

I'll try to make the change tonight and see what it looks like.

Cooper.