List:       gentoo-doc
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-doc] I'm back, TODO list
From:       Xavier Neys <neysx () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2004-02-08 17:05:26

On Sat, 2004-02-07 at 09:12, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
> Hi all,
> You've all had a nice vacation and I haven't been bitching, but
> that's over now. The bitch is back :)

Welcome back, bitch.

> I am going to require monthly status updates from all GDP members
Good idea.
> (including translation leads). This means that you mail
> gentoo-doc@gentoo.org once a month with in it:
> 	- what you did the last month
Sometimes I can hardly remember what I did or ate from one day to the
next ;-)
> 	- what you are planning to do the next month(s)
> 	- what issues you had that you couldn't resolve
>

> Another project that has been hanging around for quite some time now is the
> localised site which Sergey is working on. He's made some progress and I hope a
> nice policy on what is acceptable (and the requirements of it) is presented
> soonish. With this in my hand, the proposal can be discussed at a managers
> meeting for implementation.
Something nice to look forward to.

> Something else that is lingering for a while now is updating the DTDs so that we
> can validate the XML files against guide.dtd or book.dtd. People with knowledge
> on generating DTDs _and_ know how to write documentation in GuideXML with the
> Coding Style in mind should really take a look at this.
I can try to take this on.
Many docs could do with slightly changes to impose a neater common
sequence for top children (version,date,license e.g.). Easy to do w/
ruby+rexml btw.
Most changes will have to be done in the DTDs themselves though.

--
< Xavier Neys                  >