List:       gentoo-doc
Subject:    [gentoo-doc] Update altinstall to remove obsolete part?
From:       Sven Vermeulen <swift () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2003-10-27 5:34:42

Hi,

I've attached a patch to #14319 which removes a big chapter from the
altinstall.xml file, namely the chapter on the Netboot install. This part
depended on a Gentoo 1.2 LiveCD and wasn't reproduceable with a Gentoo 1.4
LiveCD.

Keeping in mind that most of us (if not all) focus entirely on Gentoo 1.4 it
would be wrong in my opinion to keep a 1.2-related description in the guide.

Ofcourse, if someone knows a netboot install method that doesn't depend on a
1.2-LiveCD you're more than welcome to provide a patch.

Any opinions?

	Sven Vermeulen

--=20
 ^__^   And Larry saw that it was Good.
 (oo)                                      Sven Vermeulen
 (__)   http://www.gentoo.org              Gentoo Documentation Project