List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Package up for grabs: www-client/httrack
From:       Sebastian Pipping <sping () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2024-01-27 15:34:47

Hi!

Just a quick note that I have just dropped maintainership of package…

   www-client/httrack

…, about 8 years after my first commit on the package and after bumping
to 3.49.5 and asking for its stabilization due to a security fix about a
minute ago or two, as my last action on the package.

I have dropped the package now because of upstream behavior in recent
years; issues…

   https://github.com/xroche/httrack/issues/243
   https://github.com/xroche/httrack/issues/244
   https://github.com/xroche/httrack/issues/245
   https://github.com/xroche/httrack/issues/247

…would be the places to look for details of their and my actions, if
curious.

Regarding open bugs about www-client/httrack in Gentoo:

  - https://bugs.gentoo.org/917589 and
    https://bugs.gentoo.org/923034 and
    https://bugs.gentoo.org/923035
    are all about stabilization, keywording, a fixed vulnerability

  - https://bugs.gentoo.org/768186
    is unconfirmed (i.e. not reproducible) and of unclear importance

Have a nice day

Sebastian