List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] 23.0 profiles - which features?
From:       Georgy Yakovlev <gyakovlev () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2022-11-24 21:15:00

On Wed, 2022-10-12 at 23:56 +0200, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > in the past I already sent a mail about features for a next profile
> > > version.
> > The feedback was rather limited, but anyway we got quite a list of
> > > ideas.
> > The general tracker is bug 876891.
> >
> > In the following I would like to put up the various features for >
> > discussion,
> > in order of bug number... Feedback very welcome.

To me usrmerge alone would be sufficient to provide new release, but
adding more changes in is a good idea too.

I would like to switch ppc64le profiles to 128-bit IEEE long double ABI
23.0 seems like a good cause to finally tackle it.
This will need some toolchain magic, I will open a bug and block
profile-23.0 tracker.
Fedora finally switched recently
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/PPC64LE_Float128_Transition

I tried the switch about a year ago and ran into some trouble with
projects that bundle gnulib.

I'll open a bug and block the tracker.