List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] unmasking USE ada for amd64 and x86 on sys-devel/gcc
From:       Alfredo Tupone <tupone () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2022-08-30 19:38:44

I was maintaining the gnat-gpl ebuild that build a gcc
compiler that includes the ada languages.

Upstream (Adacore) has declared to not provide anymore annual
releases of gnat-gpl but only to upgrade the fsf maintained gcc.

So I mean to add ada capability to sys-devel/gcc.

To build gcc with ada there is a need for a gcc/ada compiler, that
could be provided, to bootstrap, by the gnat-gpl ebuild.

Actually dev-lang/gnat-gpl is only amd64 and x86.

I'm suggesting to unmask ada for sys-devel/gcc  for x86 and amd64:

sys-devel/gcc -ada on package.use.mask on x86 and amd64 arch profiles

No other changes seems necessary.

Anyone against it ?

Alfredo