List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: pkgdev new release v0.2.1 with breaking change
From:       Arthur Zamarin <arthurzam () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2022-05-23 19:04:00

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

On 23/05/2022 20.57, Andrew Ammerlaan wrote:
> On 22/05/2022 20:20, Arthur Zamarin wrote:
>> I have just released a new version [0] for pkgdev. Outside of multiple
>> new features meant for easier developer workflows (like prepare to send
>> a last-rite email), there is an important changes in the release which
>> affect current users of pkgdev.
>>
>> ** Important Notice **
>>
>> pkgdev now doesn't add the signoff by itself, unless configured. You can
>> easily configure it by following the instructions [1], which in short
>> corresponds to adding to `~/.config/pkgdev/pkgdev.conf` the lines:
>>
>>      [gentoo]
>>      push.signoff = true
>
> Shouldn't this be commit.signoff instead?
>
> pkgdev push: failed loading config: unknown arguments: --signoff=true
>
> (The same mistake is in the documentation at [1])

> Best regards,
> Andrew

Thank you Andrew, You are absolutely right - this was my mistake in
lines. It should be:

  [gentoo]
  commit.signoff = true

Actually I also got reports of it failing to identify that this is the
gentoo repo, so for now, so we are absolutely sure it works, please use:

  [DEFAULT]
  commit.signoff = true

Once again, I'm sorry for this mistake, and I will fix the docs ASAP.

--
Arthur Zamarin
arthurzam@gentoo.org

["OpenPGP_signature.asc" (application/pgp-signature)]