List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs: net-mail/mailman and everything that belongs to it
From:       Jaco Kroon <jaco () uls ! co ! za>
Date:       2021-12-24 22:30:00

Hi Hanno,

I've started looking at this mess.  And a mess it is.  To the point,
where for our somewhat "subset of what mailman provides" requirements
I'm contemplating rather cooking an in-house solution (have done similar
in the past, but none of these really provide everything we require),
but will get back to you.

In the current state mailman3 as it is in tree I don't think it's usable
in any sensible way (Unless I'm really missing something), so if I go
another route I recommend we last-rite it and move on.  If I do pick it
up on it, then the problem is solved either way.

Kind Regards,
Jaco