List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Git conversions of gentoo-x86 and gentoo CVS repositories
From:       Ulrich Mueller <ulm () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2021-08-27 17:38:35

As some of you may already know, I have worked on a new conversion
of the Gentoo ebuild repository (aka gentoo-x86 in CVS) to Git, using
cvs-fast-export. This is now available on Gentoo infrastructure:

   https://gitweb.gentoo.org/archive/repo/gentoo-2.git/

A description of the conversion process can be found in the
gentoo-x86-conversion branch of my developer repo:
https://gitweb.gentoo.org/dev/ulm.git/tree/?h=3Dgentoo-x86-conversion

The previous conversion (by rich0) is still available in
repo/gentoo/historical.git. It has been suggested to move it to
archive/repo/gentoo-1.git so the two conversions would in the same
category. The only problem I see with a move is that people have the
old location as a remote. Then again, there should be no reason to pull
from that repo after the initial clone.

I have also converted the gentoo CVS repository (i.e. former website,
patchsets, and random other stuff). It can be found here:

   https://gitweb.gentoo.org/archive/proj/gentoo.git/