List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Dealing with global /usr/bin/libtool use vs CC/CXX etc.
From:       Lars Wendler <polynomial-c () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2021-01-17 22:55:02

On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 18:36:31 +0000 Peter Stuge wrote:

>Jaco Kroon wrote:
>> > I can think of two ways of solving it:
>> >
>> > 1. We could patch system-installed libtool to respect environment
>> >
>> > 2. We could regenerate libtool and force local instance of libtool
>> > in the packages needing it.
>>
>> 3.   Have it always use some fixed compiler somewhere (ie, compile it
>>

>4. Make gcc-config regenerate libtool, otherwise as 2.
>

>//Peter

5.) Try to replace GNU libtool with sys-devel/slibtool

slibtool is aimed to be a drop-in replacement although at the current
state it still has a couple of hiccups. I've created a tracker bug at
[1] to track all issues arising from using slibtool instead of GNU
libtool.

Cheers
Lars

[1] https://bugs.gentoo.org/765709