List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: isodate for packages.mask starting on 2019-07-01
From:       Jonas Stein <jstein () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2019-06-29 12:55:16

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

Hi Benda,

thank you for your quick response.

>> Change:
>> I suggest that we start using the date format yyyy-mm-dd
>> for all dates in packages.mask
>> starting with 2019-07-01
>
> For me isodate is more readable.  I would vote for this change.

Great.

I know, that some people prefer their local date format
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country) most.
But in an international project it we need a standard which does not
lead to misunderstandings and is easy to use.
I think all developers on the world interpret 2019-07-01 the same way
and are familiar with this format. If it is not their favorite format
yet, it is their second best choice.

--
Best,
Jonas