List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: dev-java/oracle-{jre,jdk}-bin
From:       "Paul B. Henson" <henson () acm ! org>
Date:       2019-04-23 22:19:25

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 07:44:53PM -0700, Georgy Yakovlev wrote:

> I've modified the mask for now, but I still believe we should drop it.
> I do not maintain it at all, I only work on openjdk and a bit of icedtea.

Speaking of openjdk, all versions are masked and the ebuilds contain:

        if use gentoo-vm ; then
                ewarn "WARNING! You have enabled the gentoo-vm USE flag, making this JDK"
                ewarn "recognised by the system. This will almost certainly break things."
        else

When will openjdk be a viable vm? As you say, the Oracle license is screwy
now, and icedtea isn't really current.

Thanks...