List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Deprecation and removal of 13.0 profiles is imminent
From:       Sergei Trofimovich <slyfox () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2018-12-16 19:56:38

On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 00:25:04 +0000
Sergei Trofimovich <slyfox@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Tl;DR: 13.0 profiles will be removed some time soon unless there are
> enough reports broken on 13.0->17.0 switch.
>
> 13.0 profiles been a while in Gentoo tree and are already deprecated
> on some arches but not everywhere.
>
> If you have problems using 17.0 profiles as a default please file a bug
> and pile it against against the tracker bug (fresh one):
>     https://bugs.gentoo.org/672960

I filed a bunch of bugs to deprecate existing profile that rely on
'releases/13.0' profile snippet.

To deprecate a profile just drop a 'deprecated' file to profile dir
that targets to target for users to switch to. Example:
    https://bugs.gentoo.org/672960#c2
Note: package.desc still remains

At removal time we will delete both deprecated profiles and package.desc entries.

--

  Sergei