List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs: openvas
From:       Hanno =?UTF-8?B?QsO2Y2s=?= <hanno () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2018-12-12 12:09:48

Hi,

I practically haven't maintained openvas for quite a long time, yet
unfortunately am still listed as the maintainer. It's a security scanner
and a fork of nessus.
It needs version bumps, updated ebuilds are in bugzilla, but I don't
know if they're for the very latest version [1].

In my experience upstream changes things often and makes the usability
more complex with every new release while providing little value (I
mostly got false positives out of it in the past).

The following packages belong to it:
net-analyzer/openvas
net-analyzer/openvas-manager
net-analyzer/openvas-cli
net-analyzer/openvas-tools
net-analyzer/openvas-libraries
net-analyzer/openvas-scanner
net-analyzer/greenbone-security-assistant
net-analyzer/ospd

Feel free to take it and remove me, otherwise I'll remove myself soon
and make it "maintainer-needed".

[1] https://bugs.gentoo.org/590324

--
Hanno Böck
https://hboeck.de/

mail/jabber: hanno@hboeck.de
GPG: FE73757FA60E4E21B937579FA5880072BBB51E42