List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Add GOBIN to ENV_UNSET in make.defaults
From:       Zac Medico <zmedico () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2018-10-21 1:59:17

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

On 10/20/2018 04:21 AM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> It seems that random values in GOBIN can affect the building of some packages:
> https://bugs.gentoo.org/631776
> https://bugs.gentoo.org/636506
> https://bugs.gentoo.org/638572
>
> I would then append it to ENV_UNSET in make.defaults to get that variable unset
> without needing to do the same for every ebuild that could be affected by this
>
> Any issues against this?

Seems reasonable, since the only purpose of GOBIN is to override the
directory where 'go install' will install a command. If we unset it
unconditionally, it means that the location will predictably default to
GOPATH/bin, which is exactly what we want.

We could handle it in the golang-build_src_install function, but that
wouldn't cover things that call 'go install' via a script or Makefile.

--
Thanks,
Zac