List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] New global USE flag: gtk-doc
From:       Mart Raudsepp <leio () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2018-08-30 18:38:48

Ühel kenal päeval, R, 24.08.2018 kell 23:06, kirjutas Mart Raudsepp:
> Longer version idea:
> Build and install gtk-doc based developer documentation for dev-
> util/devhelp, IDE and offline use

This has been pushed now with initial consumers (fresh meson based
packages or converts from autotools).

I have a candidate list of packages that could use a IUSE flag usage
change accordingly. It's a short list because I didn't consider
autotools packages, as for them it often means to rebuild it for
questionable benefits, thus I don't actually want those cases to add
unnecessary rebuild time cost with a global USE=gtk-doc - they are
already there without current USE=doc and accessible in devhelp and
some IDEs. This means autotools builds that don't use a properly disted
tarball won't get a bug filed from me right now (but why are they using
a bad tarball?).
I'll try to get those from my candidate list checked through and
converted to bug reports soon for applicable ones. If more than lets
say 3, then probably a tracker bug too.

Mart