List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Package up for grabs
From:       Lars Wendler <polynomial-c () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2018-04-19 15:12:14

Hi list,

I'd like to give up maintenance of

  dev-libs/libratbag

due to the software now depending on libsystemd[1] which I do not have
the tiniest interest to infect my systems with.

Unfortunately upstream refuses to make libsystemd optional because they
don't wanna use dbus directly but rather prefer a useless additional
layer for that (libsystemd).

If nobody picks it up I either gonna put it on maintainer-needed in
about 30 days or (if QA prefers that) lastrite it entirely.

Kind regards
Lars

[1] https://github.com/libratbag/libratbag/issues/239

--