List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Informations about Systemd Stage3 Image and Systemd profile
From:       Geaaru <geaaru () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-10-23 11:30:34

Hi,

thanks for reply.

Yeah, I know that through bootstrap command I can force a different
init binary as describe on gentoo wiki. It is equal also for LXD/LXC
containers.

But there are three different arguments to handle:

1) Currently if I want compile a pure systemd environment without
openrc it is needed change profile/base/packages (or mask package
openrc).
I think that this could be fixed now that gentoo-functions package fix
bug about /lib/gentoo/functions.sh.

2) I think that on a systemd pure environment could be correct that
/sbin/init is a link to systemd so it isn't needed force init argument
from kernel argument and/or on LXC/LXD through lxd.init.cmd option.
This can be done with step of point 1 and with use of sys-utils use
flag on systemd package. This is not mandatory, it is only a preference
 .
For example, Sabayon adopt this solution on install systemd package.
Could be correct enable sys-utils useflag on systemd package by default
on profile related with systemd ?

3) For users that want maintain netifrc with systemd as described by
robbat2 I think there is an issue on openrc or systemd ebuild.
When is installed openrc is not possible use sys-utils useflag on
systemd for conflicts on /sbin/init file, etc and FWIS it seems that
there aren't check about this.

FWIS I think that for point 1 we are ready.

G.