List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] can't gpg sign with repoman, but can with git
From:       Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2017-07-20 11:23:14

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

On 07/20/2017 10:16 AM, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
> What I have noticed with regards to git though, but not had time to
> debug is that it seems to do something odd with regards to communicating
> with the agent to begin with, and possibly spawns an own agent, at least
> sufficiently confusing that for smartcard use it fail to access the card
> due to locking and needing to re-insert the card.. with similar
> mechanism to use it outside of git context again afterwards.

And looking into this, the issue is actually a lack of sanitation of the
--homedir parameter for gpg-agent, so "$HOME/.gnupg" and "$HOME/.gnupg/"
is treated as separate directories and as such two separate agents are
started... reported upstream... will be nice to get rid of _that_ annoyance.

--
Kristian Fiskerstrand
OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net