List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Removal of libmysqlclient_r.so
From:       Brian Evans <grknight () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2017-05-31 1:20:14

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

My fellow developers,

I want to give fair warning that libmysqlclient_r.so will be
disappearing with MariaDB 10.2 and MySQL 5.7.

For the past few versions, the functionality that was in
libmysqlclient_r was merged into libmysqlclient.  For a few years now,
upstream kept a compatibility symlink in place but no longer.
This is not my choice, but an upstream decision.

Packages using mysql_config or mariadb_config to query the libs will be
fine.

Thank you.

Brian Evans
MySQL Lead