List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Staffing Needs page is out of date
From:       "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml () o-sinc ! com>
Date:       2016-11-29 21:39:23

IMHO likely off topic for -dev and proper place would be -project as it is not
technical in nature.

On Tuesday, November 29, 2016 11:28:36 PM EST Mart Raudsepp wrote:
> Ühel kenal päeval, T, 29.11.2016 kell 19:31, kirjutas Gokturk Yuksek:
> >
> > This isn't even an official GMN project at the moment, there is no
> > information who is in charge and it's misleading people.
>
> That's because there is no-one to do it

That can be said for many things... WAY to many things...

> , but it would be nice if
> someone did. So a staffing need. But yes, there should be someone to
> contact for it then; maybe PR should consider adding a new staffing
> need for that under their umbrella or something.

So many projects, so much bureaucracy, many on multiple projects/teams wearing
multiple hats. How do they have time for them all? IMHO it is better to find
someone else to be part of another team, than to wear multiple hats. In most
organizations you get 1 title, belong to 1 team, or department.

I have a feeling Gentoo has more projects than developers or staff.

Focus needs to be on increasing numbers, not putting out staffing needs which
likely will not be filled. Along those lines would be interesting to see how
many staffing needs were met via putting out some sort of staffing needs
information.

People need a reason over all to contribute to and join Gentoo. Putting out
staffing needs does little to motivate anyone to get involved.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.