List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Re: Building a portage repo?
From:       Martin Vaeth <martin () mvath ! de>
Date:       2016-09-14 13:20:10

Michał Górny <mgorny@gentoo.org> wrote:

>>and subsequently egencache should give me the same type of portage tree
>>that is currently officially distributed to users?
>
> Then remanifest, egencache with all options. You will also need to
> include additional repositories for news, glsas and fetch extra files
> for projects.xml.

Not to forget dtd and xml-schema.
There is app-portage/portage-postsyncd-mv in the mv overlay
which does all this (and some more) for you in various
(separately configurable) hooks in /etc/portage/repo.postsync.d/*
Well, all except changing the manifest format and remanifest,
but you can easily add another hook if you really want that.