List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Empty project: Arch Testers
From:       Raymond Jennings <shentino () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-08-27 16:05:33

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 9:00 AM, Pacho Ramos <pacho@gentoo.org> wrote:

> I am not sure when https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Arch_Testers wa
> s created, but it's empty and unused for a long time, hence, I don't
> know if anyone would be willing to join to it (I am unsure about what
> will it cover over the "dedicated" arch tester teams) or it should be
> removed simply :/
>
> Thanks

Does this project presently contain the various arch teams, like amd64 and
x86 and sparc etc?

If so, imho it is not really empty, but serves as a superproject much like
desktop does, possibly manageable in the same way.

And if not the project name is misleading anyway.

Come to think of it, does existing policy cover how to handle
"superprojects" that serve as nothing but umbrellas for collections of
other projects and have no tasks or members of their owns?