List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: Recruiting process (Re: [gentoo-dev] base-system needs developers who care)
From:       Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2016-08-25 11:05:27

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

On 08/25/2016 11:59 AM, Daniel Campbell wrote:
> Given that so much needs to be learned and a lot of trust goes into
> developers, it's no surprise that we tend to take our time accepting
> people. That said, I chalk it up to a manpower problem. As far as I know
> the recruiting and proxy-maint teams are dedicated, but small. They do
> an awesome job (that I am not cut out for) so they deserve a lot of
> respect. But it does indeed seem that scheduling and workloads are not
> in sync.

Just to add an agreement to this; picking up some packages in
maintainer-needed and maintaining it through proxy-maint for a while is
a good way to get introduced to workflow and getting reviewed while
learning the steps.

--
Kristian Fiskerstrand
OpenPGP certificate reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net