List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] New Working Group established to evaluate the stable tree
From:       Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2016-08-15 10:21:20

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

On 08/15/2016 09:55 AM, Brian Dolbec wrote:

> For me IN_PROGRESS means the problem is being worked on, not that a fix
> has been posted/committed anywhere.

Indeed

> INVCS is once the fix has been
> committed to the source repo and not anything to do with an ebuild from
> the coders perspective.   The problem is the overlap of bugzilla for
> both ebuild repositories and source repositories.  So if there is any
> changes to be made to the different states possible...  Just remember
> the the different perspectives and try to make it clear what they are
> for.

Yes, we're talking about the gentoo ebuild repository, source projects
etc should likely be an own product in bugzilla, it is not what we're
discussing in this context.

> Also, if a pkg is never stabilized... does that mean it's bugs
> can never be closed?  So far in the discussion, that point has not been

No, you'd simply skip the stabilization step, as if the highest
visibility is testing/~arch to begin with there isn't any stable necessary

> brought up, but is very relevant to the discussion.
>
> /me mumbles about the extra bookeeping that work-flow will
> make...and subsequently put off and/or forget to do ;)

Better than developers marking it fixed without it hitting stable as too
many are doing today.

--
Kristian Fiskerstrand
OpenPGP certificate reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net